Female Strategus Aloeus (Ox Beetle)

Satoshiek

Hello everyone. I don't know if you remember me, but I caught 2 male Ox Beetles some weeks ago. Now, I found another beetle which I think it's a female Ox Beetle. I saw some pictures of females on the internet and really think it is a female, but I want you guys to confirm it for me.

Here are some pictures:
post-4914-0-77140500-1357501649_thumb.jpgpost-4914-0-37626700-1357501652_thumb.jpgpost-4914-0-37664500-1357501654_thumb.jpg
post-4914-0-61634300-1357501656_thumb.jpgpost-4914-0-71745500-1357501658_thumb.jpg

I believe the beetle you have right there is not an ox beetle but a beetle in genus Heterogomphus. There are several species of those in Brazil

By the way, the male beetles you caught last time are Coelosis bicornis

I believe the beetle you have right there is not an ox beetle but a beetle in genus Heterogomphus. There are several species of those in Brazil

By the way, the male beetles you caught last time are Coelosis bicornis

Oh! You're right! I saw pictures on Google and they are not Ox Beetles. Oh man, I was wrong all this time. Btw, where I found this Heterogomphus female, I can find some males too, right? And I didn't see her eat. What kind of fruits the Heterogomphus likes the most? (I feed the 2 males with banana and they like it, but the female is not eating)

Thank you very much for the information

Banana should work, but you can also try apples, oranges, and melons.

Bananas and apples didn't worked. Now, there is watermelon on the cage. But, anyway, I think I will free her, because she really didn't like to get caught. The other beetles don't try to escape and eat the banana, dig holes on the soil, etc but the female don't seen to get used until now, so I think I will free her.