Just ordered my first beetles! Gymnetis caseyi

Bugs in Cyberspace got them back into stock, so I took the plunge and ordered 2 adult Gymnetis caseyi! I've got a 5 gallon tank, some substrate on the way, a couple of hides, a spray bottle, and lots of options for plants. Wish me luck! I'm going to try feeding them just fruit slices and see if the fruit fly situation is tolerable; if not, I'll try the jellies.

Bugs in Cyberspace got them back into stock, so I took the plunge and ordered 2 adult Gymnetis caseyi! I've got a 5 gallon tank, some substrate on the way, a couple of hides, a spray bottle, and lots of options for plants. Wish me luck! I'm going to try feeding them just fruit slices and see if the fruit fly situation is tolerable; if not, I'll try the jellies.

I got 4 from Peter about a month ago and I already have larvae, very easy to keep. I remove their fruit and wash off their dish when they burrow in for the night and replace it with fresh fruit and a small scoop of beetle jelly in the morning and I've had no fruit flies at all. By the way, they LOVE banana..far and away their favorite.

Good luck!