Beetle and Invert Patches

Sara

Ok i don't know if this is the right place to put this on the forum lol, but here we go

I make embroidered patches "of nearly everything under sun" but i am taking some time off to finish some up some designs that are geared toward us bug people lol

I am wanting to make a matching beetle set and have started on a few

But what are your favorites? and the hobby favorites?

Some examples are the ox beetle grub "better known in the hobby as a beetle puppy" and a death head cockroach

SO WHAT ARE YOUR FAVS?? let me know :)

grubpatch.jpgdeathheadpatch.jpg

i like the grub one. is there a lucanus capreolus one?

• 2 weeks later...

oh, is Dynastes tityus that beetle on the coke commercial that opens the bottle for the other insects?

No that Was Dynastes Hercules looked liked Dynastes Hercules hercules

No, that looked nothing like D. hercules. The insects and plants looked like the eastern USA but while the beetle was certainly Dynastes and had a little yellow color like D.tityus and should have been D.tityus because of the location the horn structure was D.granti.

so D. tityus lives in the eastern U.S.? I remember seeing once a rhinocerous beetle a long time ago

No, that looked nothing like D. hercules. The insects and plants looked like the eastern USA but while the beetle was certainly Dynastes and had a little yellow color like D.tityus and should have been D.tityus because of the location the horn structure was D.granti.

This is the actual commercial. Maybe it's a hybrid :D:P

was that hornworm a manduca sexta?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Those are SO cool. So few people patch anything anymore. It's sort of a shame, especially when you consider the lost expressions of creativity.

as i bet they are not as popular as they once were, but i sell what seems to be a billion patches a year they make everything ... cooler like clothing tattoos lol

I do mostly biker type Motorcycle patches , but it is nice to take a break from them to do the things i like better.

finshed the tityus today! I need to do another view of the top view

il_570xN253152124.jpg

also i did a togo star burst

il_570xN250994320.jpg

Ah, the tityus is awesome and the tarantula too! I think the P. gloriosa is my favorite, though the T patches are manlier. The larva is just so unusual that I think it's a tie for favorite, actually.

(I tried for a minute to make a joke melding Sons of Anarchy with Sons of Arachne and tie it in with your patches, but my efforts didn't amount to much that wouldn't require a lengthy, humor-killing amount of explanation for everybody that isn't familiar with the show...which is probably most bug folks. Still, I suspect you and Andy/Bluefrog are familiar with it.)

• 2 months later...

Ah, the tityus is awesome and the tarantula too! I think the P. gloriosa is my favorite, though the T patches are manlier. The larva is just so unusual that I think it's a tie for favorite, actually.

(I tried for a minute to make a joke melding Sons of Anarchy with Sons of Arachne and tie it in with your patches, but my efforts didn't amount to much that wouldn't require a lengthy, humor-killing amount of explanation for everybody that isn't familiar with the show...which is probably most bug folks. Still, I suspect you and Andy/Bluefrog are familiar with it.)

LOL thanks peter !!

some new ones

mar.jpg

il_570xN272908859.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...