Anyone going to Repticon in Costa Mesa? (CA)

Trailblazr80

I went to Repticon in Texas at the end of last year. There was a table of tarantulas and some millipedes, but not much else. It was still a neat experience though. I took my Ox beetle, and he received a lot of attention, (he even peed on an iguana lol) but there wasn't anything there like him. I really wish beetles were a bigger hobby in the US.

I went to Repticon in Texas at the end of last year. There was a table of tarantulas and some millipedes, but not much else. It was still a neat experience though. I took my Ox beetle, and he received a lot of attention, (he even peed on an iguana lol) but there wasn't anything there like him. I really wish beetles were a bigger hobby in the US.

yeah i hope in the future, beetles become popular as tarantulas and scorps

Went today, picked up a lot XD

3 BDFs, 2 females, one male

A spider hypo rat snake, really rare and unique

2 Northern walkingsticks

A Scolopendra subspinipes

So happy!

!! I didn't think they'd have much of a selection of inverts aside from tarantulas and scorpions. How much did you get the beetles and walking sticks for? Any other inverts?

the walking sticks were 10$ for two, BDFs were 6 each. Scolopendra was 19, rat snake was 89 :)

I ended up going. I saw blue death beetles there, but I might have missed that vendor because these were $10-$12. I didn't get any because I plan to collect my own, but I did pick up some asbolus laevis for $5 each...and an African mantis for $15 (about a month old). He/she is adorable!! I'll post a pic later.

sweet, that was probably sphodromantis. I also went back and picked up two mated female orchids, a pair of popas, a mated female ghost, and a pair of rhombos. So happy!

Lucky! I couldn't decide, I wanted all of them! I almost picked up the shield mantis, but didn't want to spend too much on my first mantis.

• 1 year later...

lol they pee? What are some other beetle related events? I'm brand new.