Copy/Paste and Photo/Links Problems

Acro

These two things have been going on for a while. I tried to contact Peter Clausen (our Root Admin) but his mail box seems to be full.

Anyway, I can't seem to copy and paste anything into the forum (like the space where I typed this, before it was posted), or the reply box below..

As for photos, when I bring up the box to put in a URL for a photo or a link, once I press "OK", nothing happens. When I press "CANCEL" to get out of the box, it does not go away. If I press the "X" in the top corner, another box pops up and says "Some of the options have been changed. Are you sure to close the dialog?" (yes, it says exactly that). If I hit "OK" the 2nd popup box goes away, but nothing changes on the screen. I still have the link box up. The only way to clear it, and be able to type again, is to refresh the web page. But then anything that was typed before is lost.

Soooo . . . . . how do I fix this?

Thanks for the replies.

9-Volt,

I can copy/paste into the image or link box, but cannot copy/paste into the body of the message (the area where one types a message). I did try the exact tips you mentioned, but none worked.

trescubes,

I was pasting from a website, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Also, I discovered, when trying to multiquote both of you, that I cannot multiquote either. I press the button, then try to reply and the quotes are not displayed in the "reply to this topic" box, nor can I type after I doing so.

I'm going to try and contact Peter again, hope his box is not full.

*EDIT* His box is still full. :(

That's weird... it all works for me. Sounds like it might be a plugin problem? Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed? As well as other internet browser plugins? Or maybe it's just that your internet browser doesn't work correctly with this website?

If worst comes to worst, you can always upload your images to an image hosting website, such as Photobucket or Imageshack, and post the link of your album.

Hmmm... that's odd. I am not experiencing the same problem, so unfortunately I have no idea how to help. Seems like it may be a problem with your device itself, or perhaps your images are just too large or something? I'll try to contact Peter and direct him to this post for you.

9-Volt,

Maybe I do have to update stuff. I'll look into that.

I do have my images on an online gallery. However, I'd prefer to put my photos into the post so I can give descriptions and such.

Hisserdude,

I feel that it's the website, since other online forums seem to work for me. Or I just need to update something, like mentioned above. I just sent Peter a message on bugsincyberspace yesterday, but any help is appreciated!

Sorry...took my family to Disneyland and the new Harry Potter World in California. Just catching up on backed up stuff.

The forum software will be updated in a week or two and this should resolve your issue. I didn't realize my inbox was full too, sorry. Just cleared up some space there. ;)

trescubes,

The address ends in "full". Do I just change it to jpg or something? Either way, I can't press "ok" or "cancel". They don't do anything.

PETER! :D

No need to be sorry! It's a vacation and family, enjoy it all!

I went to the Orlando version of Harry Potter with my girlfriend and some friends, not too long ago. It was amazing!

So you think it's the site, not my computer? That's cool, I look forward to posting up some photos of the Mallodon dasystomus that have come full circle . . . after 2 years!

Thanks!

So say you get a photo from imgr or whatever and the link says www.imgr.com/thisonedude/..then should say the image name like ....imgr.com/thisonedude/coolbeetle.Jpg or .tga or .bmp or whatever image file type if it ends in something else it links the website and not the image if that makes sense

....did that make sense it makes sense in my head but as I read it it may not haha

So one of the links is like this:

http:// arachnoboards .com/gallery/img_3939.33276/full

That means it's linking to the website and not the photo?

I could type out all the links (since I can't copy/paste at the moment), but I'd rather have the actual photos show up on here.

I can paste your images on here from AB just fine, perhaps it really is a problem with your device? :wacko:

I just right clicked on your photo, clicked "copy image address", and pasted the link into the image window-thing on the forum, just like I put all my photos on here. If you really want the photos on here I could put them up, if you wouldn't mind.

it looks like you may be linking the link to get to the page cage you click on the image first until you get another image and then copy the link for the image?

"/full" is not really the image file its missing the name of the actual image and file type what website is it from?

• 1 month later...

Another option you can use is a 3rd party image hosting site.

I post my images via a free Photobucket account. You just upload your pictures to Photobucket, and they provide a list of website compatible links. Simply cut and paste the appropriate link and POOF pictures!

I know its an extra step and all, but it works and is pretty simple.

Another option you can use is a 3rd party image hosting site.

I post my images via a free Photobucket account. You just upload your pictures to Photobucket, and they provide a list of website compatible links. Simply cut and paste the appropriate link and POOF pictures!

I know its an extra step and all, but it works and is pretty simple.

Yeah, that's what I do, though I use the url from the photos on my blog now, Photobucket is soooo slow lol! :D

Yes, I would recommend using something like Photobucket. You would want to get the direct link for your photos and paste it into the "image" button in the post editor-thing.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

And then click "OK." Your images should appear after that!