Euthyrhynchus floridanus

Lucanus

• 3 weeks later...

Wow man that is beautiful! Congrats with all your success!!! :)

Thank you :)

Can't exactly say success for this species cause I screwed up a bit and ended up killing majority of nymphs. i'm left with 3 now :(

Very nice. What's the life cycle with these - 1 year or do they live longer? How are you keeping them, what sorts of foods are they getting?

This is my first time breeding this species so I'm unaware of the lifespan of the adults.

From what I saw on Orin's website, these guys can take as little as 60 days to mature from newborn to adult if fed well enough. I've been keeping 9 of them in a glass jar (about a gallon in volume) with nothing inside, but that resulted in death from dehydration so I later added some plants in there. Nymphs were fed with Parcoblatta fulvescens adults, but as they became older they started cannibalizing (probably because I didn't feed them well) on their siblings so I had to separate them into deli cups.

Yeah but I do not have a good food supply for them. The only feeders i have are mealworms and I have a small colony of them, not enough to feed off. Mabye one day!

Yeah but I do not have a good food supply for them. The only feeders i have are mealworms and I have a small colony of them, not enough to feed off. Mabye one day!

Time for u to start a roach colony :)