Any roach fans out here? lol

Lucanus

Here are some of the backyard roaches in my area :)

787721218_tHMFakAc_DSCN7612.JPG

Parcoblatta bolliana

787721218_5DCT4RpL_DSCN7771.JPG

Ischnoptera deropeltiformis

787721218_SsZUBpmj_DSCN7754.JPG

Pseudomops septentrionalis

787721218_VK6JQ5Wj_DSCN7759.JPG

Cariblatta lutea

787721218_7rlXCq9M_DSCN7783.JPG

Chorisoneura texensis

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

I see this is an old post, but had to say I love roaches (I often get looks for that one :wacko:). Also had wanted to upload a picture of one I had found in the Appalachians, but I can't figure out how lol.

I'm glad to hear that you are also a roach fan :)

If you click on "more reply options" button and it will allow you to attach a pic on your comment :)

I used to keep giant hissers and even the Giant Cave cockroach (Blaberus giganteus I think). Giganteus was my favorite.

When I was little my parents took me on a vacation to key west and I remember at night these enormous cockroaches on the walls of buildings. I later read that the Giant Cave Cockroaches somehow established themselves in the keys so I'm pretty sure it was this species.

I used to keep giant hissers and even the Giant Cave cockroach (Blaberus giganteus I think). Giganteus was my favorite.

When I was little my parents took me on a vacation to key west and I remember at night these enormous cockroaches on the walls of buildings. I later read that the Giant Cave Cockroaches somehow established themselves in the keys so I'm pretty sure it was this species.

From what I've heard, there are two species of Blaberus in FL right now; B. atropos, and B. craniifer. I think you have seen B. atropos in the keys :)

If you ever need B. giganteus, roachcrossing.com is one of the best places to get them :)

From what I've heard, there are two species of Blaberus in FL right now; B. atropos, and B. craniifer. I think you have seen B. atropos in the keys :)

If you ever need B. giganteus, roachcrossing.com is one of the best places to get them :)

Thanks for the advice! I still have lot of egg crates an my roach bins so that might motivate me to raise some soon.

I remember when I had giganteus I'd touch the container or even get near it the whole colony would run around in there and it would freak me out lol. I absolutely love my hissers. I wish they could genetically modify them so they could not climb.

All I know is a chased him like 20 feet to get that picture, he was fast and I kept thinking "Man, you've run like 15 roach miles, aren't you tired?!" (I have a vivid imagination, it's what kept me out of the good schools :P).

Roachmiles, that's going to be my new measurement unit for the year! lol

Thanks for the advice! I still have lot of egg crates an my roach bins so that might motivate me to raise some soon.

I remember when I had giganteus I'd touch the container or even get near it the whole colony would run around in there and it would freak me out lol. I absolutely love my hissers. I wish they could genetically modify them so they could not climb.

Me too! Even though they can be stopped by vaseline, I still don't like their climbing ability :(

Wow that is very impressive. Wonderful work and great pics. I love the Panchlora nivea!

Thank you :)

If you come to southern states by chance, you'll find lots of nymphs of that species in woods :)