Larva I found under a log

jreidsma

I'd keep them separate or you may find they will eat Elodes pupae - click beetle larvae are fairly generalist feeders.

There isn't much on line about them because they are very rarely reared or bred. I have found 1 published article dealing with the breeding of a very rare UK species which is the subject of a conservation project, the breeding notes effectivley say "we put them in a tank with a load of the prefered substrate and left them for several months, then we found larvae". I have had a couple of attempts with another large UK species and have had no luck either this year or last year, though I have a few ideas now of how a breeding / laying tank might be - perhaps next year....

I didn't mean that they would be with the Eleodes, all the larva in that tank are separated in their own little cells.

• 1 year later...

I will separate them and do like you said http://beetleforum.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif It would be cool to breed click beetles, I don't think it is very common for people to do them.

People find wireworms (click beetle larvae) all the time in logs for their rhino/stag beetles etc. Mabye we could have a contest, whoever could rear the most wireworms wins a prize, or somthing like that. Then there would be tons of info on rearing them (that is, if alot of people entered said contest.) just my thoughts.

People find wireworms (click beetle larvae) all the time in logs for their rhino/stag beetles etc. Mabye we could have a contest, whoever could rear the most wireworms wins a prize, or somthing like that. Then there would be tons of info on rearing them (that is, if alot of people entered said contest.) just my thoughts.

But then, in order to keep them unstressed, I'd need to forego my natural inclination to perpetually keep turning the adults over onto their backs so I can watch them flip! LOL :)

Cheers