Nepenthes macrophylla

Satanas

Now I know exactly what you're thinking; "OH GOSH, another plant post!" haha well thats exactly what this is!

post-5199-0-53487800-1439770434_thumb.jpg

It's a picture of one of my Nepenthes macrophylla pitchers. This species is for the more "experienced " grower. It's one of the many species you may grow if you ever get into the hobby. It grows extremely slow and it shows for it in looks and cost! Anyone please tell me if you're interested in the hobby, I can link you to some places!

Wow, that's a cool looking pitcher plant!

I tried my hand, again, on a venus flytrap this past spring.

I've been told that my previous failures were due to using tap water, so I used distilled water this time around. Still ended up with a dead venus flytrap after a few weeks.

Grrr!!!

I dunno'...

I think I'll stick with beetles...

Wow, that's a cool looking pitcher plant!

I tried my hand, again, on a venus flytrap this past spring.

I've been told that my previous failures were due to using tap water, so I used distilled water this time around. Still ended up with a dead venus flytrap after a few weeks.

Grrr!!!

I dunno'...

I think I'll stick with beetles...

How humid was it? My first flytrap died even when I gave it filtered water, because it is very dry here and these guys need high humidity. My current flytrap is in a pot inside a jar with plastic wrap on top, there is about an inch of water at the bottom. This keeps it really humid, and my flytrap has never looked better!

Thanks, Hisserdude and Satanas. Yeah, I think you're right. It might have been the humidity factor. I didn't have the venus flytrap completely enclosed to keep the humidity levels way up there. The top of the terrarium was completely open.

I'll try fully enclosing the venus flytrap to up the humidity level next time.

Cheers