Permits

I Fox

Do I need to have any kind of permit to sell or ship native insects from Kansas?

I think you TECHNICALLY need permits to move ANY insects across state lines, native or not, but I could be wrong. If that's the case though, then it must be a very loosely enforced law. It may also vary from state to state, IDK...

I think you TECHNICALLY need permits to move ANY insects across state lines, native or not, but I could be wrong. If that's the case though, then it must be a very loosely enforced law. It may also vary from state to state, IDK...

So I guess that means Peter and other websites have the permit? If so, that might be a problem for the website I'm working on as I'm only fourteen...

Especially when shipping native species, it shouldn't be a problem. I mean many of them aren't restricted to just one state, so is it illegal for them to walk or fly across state lines? That'd be really impractical!

• 2 weeks later...

You do not need a permit if you are the person shipping or selling.. if the insects are species that are native to the state you live in, and they were collected / reared there.

The person receiving the insects would need a permit, even if the species in question occurs in both states.

Exceptions: Goliath beetles, dung beetles, bess beetles, ground beetles..

What are the extent of laws and restrictions of importing beetle species ot and within the US and why?

http://beetleforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3039&hl=

Import permit, would you do it under this circumstance?

http://beetleforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3189&hl=