No decent care sheets found ( D. Granti)

So i was hoping one of you can help me!

I was planning on getting A D. Granti beetle... Every caresheet I have found are missing details... How deep do I need the substrate (Some say pure, all natural soil, others say part soil part manure?) Are there any places I can BUY rotting wood for the larvae? I even put up an add on craigslist for rotting wood, I got a reply with Populus wood, could that cause any harm to a D. Granti grub? I know some say oak, some say birch, others say it doesn't matter... How many gallons? Ten? Fifteen? What about climbing objects? Hides or will they burrow? Communal-safe or best solitary?

I am getting one as a grub, not adult so please keep that in mind

Edit: I also wanted to get a cleanup crew of isopods and springtails, could this cause stress?

Have you considered one of the books on rearing rhinoceros beetles? The size of the cage depends on how many you're keeping. A container around 16-24oz. is plenty if you're getting just one grub. It will burrow and you fill the entire container to the top with substrate. Ventilation should be very small pinholes to keep out fungus gnats. Springtails are fine but isopods are not a great idea. So i was hoping one of you can help me!

Have you considered one of the books on rearing rhinoceros beetles? The size of the cage depends on how many you're keeping. A container around 16-24oz. is plenty if you're getting just one grub. It will burrow and you fill the entire container to the top with substrate. Ventilation should be very small pinholes to keep out fungus gnats. Springtails are fine but isopods are not a great idea. So i was hoping one of you can help me!

I have a book in the mail right now, What kind of substrate do you use? for them? I was just planning on going to the hardware store or a plant nursery and just getting a big bag of soil, or that block of soil from the pet stores

I like the compost manure you can get at local garden shops but that just has to be part of the substrate.

Another question popped into mind. They give no information on water (Except diluted all natural maple syrup and sugar water) is this true? Should I offer fresh water as well? Will 70-75% humidity be good enough, for both larvae and adult?

Sugary fluids are for adult beetles. You do not give the larvae water or keep them at a humidity level because they are kept in damp substrate. If the substrate is damp and ventilation is minimal, as it should be, the humidity could only be at saturation.

Sugary fluids are for adult beetles. You do not give the larvae water or keep them at a humidity level because they are kept in damp substrate. If the substrate is damp and ventilation is minimal, as it should be, the humidity could only be at saturation.

Another question, if I do get two for like a ten gallon tank, would they be okay? I hear that the larvae cannibalize, is this the case for not enough food, or not enough space? Or do they do it just for the heck of it?